Sunday, June 19, 2011

One: One

When my eyes were opened I thought at first that I was blind. The air was warm and still around me, and I could hear the faint sounds of small creatures scratching and moving through dried leaves. Bird calls echoed over my head. I was afraid, for I knew not who or where I was. I was joyful, for no reason other than my freedom.



As I sat, a soft greenish light began to illuminate the space around me. I saw that I was in a great forest, with trees arching hundreds of feet above me and ferns closer by massed and marching off into the distant wood.



I did not know where to go from the log upon which I sat, but a hunger soon rose in me. Not just for food but a hunger to know more. Without a map or compass, I rose and waded through the greenery in search of answers...

No comments: